Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Quarter Century and Counting

Today is my birthday and since I am turning the big 25 (quarter century) I figured I would just not make a big deal and it would sneak by without too many people noticing.  
Oh, how wrong could I have been?!?!  

I had a slight idea something might be coming because when my friend Becky had her birthday earlier this year, we snuck into her room and "decorated."  I make sure to put that in quotes because our idea of decorating included flipping all of her desks upside down, throwing candy all over the room, and hanging streamers everywhere.  
When I showed up this morning, I thought to myself "Yes, they did not get in my classroom!"  The morning kept progressing and I knew I was off the hook…
WRONG!  
In come waltzing 2 teachers who yell "Happy Birthday" and pop balloons!!!  Not only did they disrupt my class, the balloons were filled with confetti.  
Hehe so funny.  
Still not a big deal, until balloons 3, 4, 5, 6, …. you get the picture.  25 balloons later, we have barely made it through math and my floor looks like the Easter bunny threw up.  
Needless to say, today I am grateful to work with such a fun staff!  Thank you to everyone that popped a balloon today!!!

On a side note, it is also a game day so here is my game day outfit.  These new pants are from New York & Company.  They were having a great sale this weekend 30-70% everything in the store with an additional 20% off if you shopped before 3pm.  I got 3 new pairs of dress pants and 3 long sleeve shirts for $65!!!  The pants are similar to sweatpant material but look dressed up, double score!!I paired them with a simple white 3/4 length shirt and black cardigan.  I am wearing a beautiful diamond necklace from my in-laws (still weird to say)!



No comments:

Post a Comment