Friday, December 13, 2013

Angels Among Us

As I pulled out of my driveway this morning behind my wonderful neighbor and my favorite Christmas song came on the radio, I couldn't help the tear that came to my eye.  It is amazing to me the power a song can have; Angels Among Us by Alabama has such a powerful message.  

"When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees.
There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me.
A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand.
A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand.

And ain't it kind of funny that at the dark end of the road.
Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope.

Oh I believe there are angels among us.
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours.
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give.
To guide us with the light of love."


As I listened to the song, I was overwhelmed with a peace for I know there are many angels in mine and Travis' lives since we have  moved to North Dakota.  We have found a community of angels that have taken us in as if we were their own children, siblings, family, and friends.  The support we have received from this community has been overwhelming but none greater than when my grandfather passed away.  In my darkest hour, like the song says, I was blessed to have people guide me with love. Today I am grateful for ALL of the angels in my life that show me how to live, teach me how to give, and guide me with the light of their love.



No comments:

Post a Comment