Sunday, September 1, 2013

Breakfast of Champs

My first recipe is a borrowed one.  I cannot take credit for thinking of this idea (thank you Pinterest!), but I think it is absolutely wonderful so I wanted to share!
I am the kind of person that HAS to have breakfast.  That is one meal that I cannot miss (or I will be very grumpy).  If you know me, then you know that I also HAVE to eat often.  I always eat my first breakfast right when I wake up (about 5:30).  My second breakfast is usually necessary around 7-8am.  That's where this recipe comes in!

These are so easy and convenient to have in the fridge.  I make all of my eggs (usually a whole muffin pan full) on the weekend.  Then I store them in an air tight container in the fridge.  Notice they do not look that wonderful in the container, but you can see how much pepper I use on my eggs.

The next trick I learned was to cut the egg in half horizontally when you heat them because they are much easier to get flat on your english muffin.  When you make the eggs in a muffin pan, they are a little smaller than an english muffin and therefore try to slide around when you eat them.
The last trick I have is to assemble the sandwich in the morning when you are ready to eat.  I tried making them ahead and then microwaving them but then you get a soggy, soft english muffin.  I like to toast my english muffin, microwave my egg and canadian bacon (or meat of your choice), then assemble.  
You could add cheese, but I don't like the extra calories (since this is my second breakfast). Another good idea, might be a splash of tobassco for added flavor.  
These definitely are not as greasy (and therefore tasty) as McDonald's version but they are a healthier option and great for on the go.  I make my sandwich and head out the door.  It is perfect to eat on the way to work.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment