Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dove Hunt

Tonight was my first time bird hunting.  It was the season opener for dove and I had never been before.  Travis is always hunting with his buddy Zach and they offered for me to come.  I figured, why not.  When we arrived at the field, we saw doves flying everywhere.  We set up and in came birds from the left and right.  The guys were nice enough to give me the first few shots, but after multiple misses they stepped in.  Our hunting dog, Kirby, was also on her first official bird hunt.  She did an awesome job and was retrieving every bird the boys shot.  I finally hit a bird, picked it up and it was still alive!  I freaked out, threw the bird, and had to wait for my bird dog to get it for me.  We had a successful night (well mostly the boys and my one kill)!
Travis, myself, and Kirby dog

No comments:

Post a Comment